Pages

Monday 7 August 2017

Off To The Zoo!

Room 11 Zoo Trip

What a good day it was! We got to see all sorts of animals, from elephants and giraffes, to spiders and native New Zealand birds. 

We learned a lot about our native birds from the zoo expert John. He taught us about the Kiwi and the size of their eggs (which are almost as big as the mother Kiwi that lays them!) and how to spot them in the dark.






We were lucky enough to visit the elephants just as the zookeepers were showing the audience how they lift and move logs and how they clean themselves...


...and of course to end the day we had a run around the playground to get rid of any extra energy we had!


17 comments:

  1. hello I like when you went to zoo and hopped on that blue drgons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello room11 did you have fun at the zoo? I did not have fun because I did not go.
    That must be the best day ever! Next time I hope to come to the zoo with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi room11 I see that you guy's are looking at the elephants I wish I was there only year 4 ,5 and 6 can go to the zoo but I was a year 3 and I got split up into Room4. I was sad because it was boring and when you came back I was Suprise.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello rm11 year four I like when you saw the elephants lift the logs and clean after them self.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I liked how you added images to interest your audience and you did A great job on writing what you did there and mostly how much you enjoyed it...

    ReplyDelete